Opportunities to communicate with world leaders and learn from the great wise serve as the cornerstone of becoming a future business leader.
To provide these opportunities, the IGBL will recruit 100 students with great business talents annually starting in 2016 and pair them with global leaders as their mentors. The ultimate goal is to help these students develop strategic thinking, creativity, innovation, and problem solving ability, so that they are better prepared to make contributions to business and society as future leaders.
Our mission is to develop our students into future business leaders through exploring their leadership potentials and providing them with professional training.
Excellent successors of Chinese private enterprises and successful self-employed young entrepreneurs who:
• have obtained a college degree or above
• are no more than 40 years old
• enjoy sound health and high personal qualities
• demonstrate entrepreneurship, abilities to accept challenges, willingness to make contributions and initiatives to become business leaders
Speakers to be expected
At least 15 political, business and academic leaders from the following list will be selected as speakers for this Institute:
• Kofi Annan, Former UN Secretary-General
• George Walker Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America
• Jose Manuel Barroso, Former President of the European Commission
• Lee Myung-bak, Former President of the Republic of Korea
• Christian Wulff, Former President of Germany
• Jean-Pierre Raffarin, Former Prime Minister of France
• Lee Soo-sung, Former Prime Minister of the Republic of Korea
• Carlos Magariños, Former UNIDO Director General
• Henry Paulson, Former U.S. Secretary of the Treasury
• Gary Faye Locke, Former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
• Jeffrey Brian Straubel, Co-Founder of Tesla Motors
• Steve Wozniak, Co-Founder of Apple Inc.
• Peter Brabeck-Letmathe, Chairman of the Nestlé Group
• Michael Schaefer, Chairman of the Board of BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt
• Karl-Thomas Neumann, Chairman of the Management Board of Adam Opel AG
• Inamori Kazuo, Founder of Kyocera Corporation
• Frans van Houten, Chief Executive Officer of Royal Philips Electronics
• Pichai Sundararajan, Chief Executive Officer of Google Inc.
• Hyun Jeong-eun, Chairwoman of Hyundai Group
• Thomas John Sargent, Nobel Prize Winner in Economics
• Robert Mundell, Nobel Prize Winner in Economics (“Father” of the Euro)
• Robert Bruce Zoellick, Former President of the World Bank
• Lawrence Henry Summers, President Emeritus of Harvard University
• John Rutledge, Economic Advisor to Presidents Reagan and Bush
• Stephen Samuel Roach, Former Chief Economist at Morgan Stanley
• Carl Dahlman, Head of the OECD Development Center
• Hermann Simon, Renowned Expert in Management (Father of “Hidden Champions”)
• Simon Baptist, Chief Economist at the EIU
• Mark Penn, Chief Strategy Officer at Microsoft Corporation
IGBL is an innovative institute with two main features:
1.World renowned speakers;
2.Global immersion instead of a traditional campus environment. IGBL include Five Major Classes, namely, Class in America, Class in Europe, Class in China, Class in South Korea and Class in Africa.
In the IGBL, students will have opportunities to:
• Listen to speeches given by world leaders and draw on their wisdom and secrets of success so as to get better prepared to become a future business leader;
• Visit other countries and communicate with foreign presidents, vice presidents, ministers, governors, and mayors face-to-face;
• Attend the Global SMEs Summit, China’s SMEs Global Development Forum and Global Forum for Fortune 500 and SME Cooperation, and discuss hot issues concerning economic development with distinguished speakers;
• Receive trainings at Harvard University and communicate with international masters so as to develop a global vision and forward-looking mindset;
• Enjoy GASME’s capital pool of hundreds of billions and its platform for program matchmaking so as to match capitals perfectly with programs;
• Join the “IGBL Club” to connect with business elites.